As of yesterday the City of Tempe just starting looking to hire a Custodian they will stop taking applications on April the 13th. They are offering a salary that starts at $26,910. This position is eligible for overtime compensation. Employees in this position are represented by the United Arizona Employee Association (UAEA). This position is required to work shifts, including days, nights, weekends and holidays depending on assigned shift. Along with a City of Tempe application, you have to file out a questionnaire. You can find the application and questionnaire at http://www.tempe.gov/jobs/jobs.aspx
- Education: The ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
- Work Experience: Some experience in cleaning and maintaining building interiors is desirable. Candidates must have the minimum amount of work experience. Education will not substitute for the required work experience; however, related unpaid and/or volunteer work experience may be used as qualifying work experience.
- Valid driver's license at the time of application.
- Must pass police polygraph and background examination
Successful completion of probationary period is contingent upon passing an FBI background
investigation. If requesting veteran’s preference, the appropriate DD214 must be attached at the
time of application.
DUTIES - For the complete job description go to: http://www.tempe.gov/jims
- Clean, sanitize and deodorize jail cells and restroom facilities and fixtures including sinks, urinals and toilets; clean and sanitize showers as assigned; maintain fixtures and replenish supplies in restrooms;
- Sweep, vacuum, mop, wax, strip, and polish floors using a variety of chemicals, cleansers and equipment; vacuum and shampoo carpets and upholstered furniture;Dust and polish furniture, woodwork, fixtures, and equipment; wash windows, mirrors, walls and ceilings;
- Empty, clean and sanitize ashtrays and waste receptacles; Move and arrange furniture and equipment and set-up rooms for meetings and special functions; Replace light bulbs and fluorescent tubes in City facilities and outside entryways;
- Secure facilities after working hours;
- Maintain custodial equipment in proper working condition;